Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Seeing the Whole

One of the secrets of the skilled artist is
knowing what to include
and what to leave out.
So it is in my life journey.
It is as important to identify the things
to leave out
as it is to choose what to include.

Sometimes, I can't see the big shapes....
I get caught in small details ---
focusing on a pine or a hemlock needle
instead of the shape of the tree.
It's not that the details aren't important.
--- It only becomes a problem
when I need to see the shape
--- the darks, the lights, the mid-tones.

Perhaps
this focus on details may affect my
personal life as well as my spiritual life
and my artistic journey may help me open
my eyes and see the big picture...

Self awareness, life view, perspective, understanding, comprehension can all be enhanced by my experience in artistic exploration.

1 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

Carolyn-- This is such a lovely post. I love your art work. Quite beautiful.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home