Sunday, March 19, 2006

Moonlight

To behold the wandering Moon,
Riding near her highest noon,
Like one that has been led astray
Through the heav'n's wide pathless way.
--- John Milton

Bliss
In the middle of the night,
My bedroom washed in moonlight
And outside
The faint hush-hushing
Of an ebbing tide,
I see Venus
Close to
The waning moon.
I hear the bubbling hoot
Of a playful owl.
Pierrot's purrs
Ripple under my hand,
And all this is bathed
In the scent of roses
By my bed
Where there are always
Books and flowers.
In the middle of the night
The bliss of being alive!

--- May Sarton

8 Comments:

Blogger T. Beth said...

Such lovely photos of "the wandering Moon"! :-)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Pam in Tucson said...

These are incredible moon shots. All three are lovely. The second one is my favourite -- hauntingly beautiful, and a perfect illustration for the Sarton poem.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Pris said...

So beautiful...so peaceful. Thanks for posting these.

8:11 AM  
Blogger harmonyinline said...

Wow love your moon photos

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an incredible poem. The moon photos are great...your description of two tired old (you may not have said old, but I read old) folks up in the skylight with the tripod and camera directions, pursuing the perfect lunar photo gave me a chuckle. Sounds so much like my husband and me. Thanks for sharing!

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like both poems, but it's the Sarton one that spoke to me.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are beautiful

6:14 PM  
Blogger Endment said...

t beth
pam in tucson
pris
harmonyinline
nan
dragonfly183

thank you for stopping by and especially for commenting.
Have been experimenting with my new camera and am enjoying the results.

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home