Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Speaking of Books

Got this meme from Somewhere in NJ http://somewhereinnj.blogspot.com/

Name 5 of your favorite books:
1. The Williamsburg Series by Elswith Thane
2. The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey
3. Poems for Enjoyment edited by Elias Lieberman
4. Travels in Canoe Country by Paul Gruchow
5. I am certain there are more but favorite seems to me that I read it over and over again so I guess the slot is still open

Name 5 of your favorite authors:
1. Elswyth Thane
2. Sam Campbell
3. David McCullough
4. Paul Gruchow
5. Aaron Sorkin

Name of the last book you bought?
Spinning Words into Gold by Maureen Ryan Griffin (see post http://inotterspace.blogspot.com/ )
Tell it Slant by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paola

Name of the last book you read?
The Heart Speaks by Mimi Guarneri, M.D., FACC

Name of five books that are particularly meaningful for you:
1. Mountains of California by John Muir
2. La Saison (French publication of the 1800’s)
3. Getting Past No by William Ury
4. Grapes by Morris Venden
5. Wintering by Diana Kappel-Smith

Name of three books you are dying to read but just haven’t yet:
1. The next book by David McCullough
2. A walker in the City by Alfred Kazin
3. Brook Trout and the Writing Life by Craig Nova

Would anyone care to self-tag?

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Have you ever read Murikami? He's a Japanese author who is wonderful. I recommend Wild Sheep Chase.

11:15 PM  
Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

I haven't read a single book from your list, endment!?! Oh - I think I'll be off to the library soon. There is nothing like a book recommended by a friend.

Thanks!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Alex S said...

What a great tag! Yes, I think I will indeed tag myself as i love this one!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like this picture. I'm saving it to make into a cross stitch pattern with my pattern program.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home