Saturday, April 15, 2006

April Miracles


(click on photos for a large view)
“Certain miracles that I beheld there have haunted my memory ever since: a gray April morning of sirocco, when the almond blossoms, the flaming tulips, the young green of the vines, hung as if painted on the motionless air; a summer night when the roses had an unearthly pallor under a half-eaten moon, whose ghostliness was somehow one with their perfume and with the phosphorescence of dew tipping their petals; a day when the trees stood part submerged in fog, into which leaves dropped slowly, slowly, one after another, and sank out of sight.” - H. G. Dwight, Gardens and Gardening, Atlantic Monthly, 1912

These words linger in my thoughts and somehow they seem to describe this day… Ok, the moon is fuller and the blossoms are not almond blossoms… Yet there are similarities. Gray fog swirls all around me – when I open the skylight to look out at the trees, to my amazement the fog rolls into the room. The sun remains hidden behind the clouds and fog, yet it’s presence is felt and a glow of light touches the trees and touches the sky with promises of light and warmth to come. There are hints of miracles in the brilliant colors of the opening buds stretched high above my head..
Throughout the day and into the darkness the miracle of spring continues.Gazing in awe at the gilt rimmed clouds encircling the moon I find myself transported by the night into an ethereal realm. Ah – the promises of spring!

16 Comments:

Blogger Joy Eliz said...

your posts are always so relaxing...like a moment of zen.

9:36 PM  
Blogger MB said...

April is one of my favorite months. Perhaps because it expresses so much hope.

11:43 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh these are so beautiful. like a meditation at the end of my day. thank you.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, really wonderful photos and thoughts. Thanks so much!

1:12 AM  
Blogger Endment said...

joy eliz
oh thank you -

mb
April is so full of promise and so many wonderful things happen

liz elayne
glad you enjoy sharing my meditations.

fran aka redondowriter
thanks for the visit fran glad you like them

6:42 AM  
Blogger kerrdelune said...

(Sigh) this was perfect in every way, and how I thank you for it. Such skies, such trees, such mists and the promise of Spring too. . . .

7:46 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

What an amazing post! Your sky-scapes take my breath away.

9:31 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

endment-- your posts are like a meditation. I like seeing the world through your eyes. But even more than that you manage to convey in a few words the sense of the whole thing. Beautiful.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Cyn Bagley said...

Wow.. the was a very good meditation piece. I loved the moon picture. Thank you.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart is aligned with yours...I am swooning over spring at the moment. Its been a long winter, sigh.
I love the red blossoms/leaves on the branch over the river. So pretty. Your photographs are amazing. I could sit and view them, taking in long, deep breaths all day.
a.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

What a beautiful post. A glimpse of life at your place. What a lot for you to be inspired by - the mist, the moon, the blossom, the trees ... Ah! Bliss indeed!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find your blog very creatively inspiring, especially the pairing of nature and the beauty of words. :-)

5:46 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Nature does have that power to transport us to new realms and especially so in springtime with the promise of new life.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Not only are your pictures ethereal, but the sentiments accompanying them are, too! I agree, your post is like a meditation...a moment of Zen.

And spring--a time of rebirth, of hope...all the new life peeking up from the earth. Soon my yard will be filled with butterflies, and my heart will be soaring with them.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Endment said...

kerrdelune and lindsay
so glad you came by and shared

rexroth's daughter
thanks - to borrow the words of Claude Monet: "The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."

cynthia e. bagley have to confess- my husband set up the "moon shot" I just did the editing. Glad you like it.

andrea edwards
Yes, I spent a long time enjoying the leaves over the river. Wish you could smell the fresh clean air or feel the sun and the breeze.

chiefbiscuit
It is especially wonderful to be out here in the woods.

beth
oh thanks that is especially appreciated coming from you - I love your blog

tim rice
Spring. How I enjoy spring

darlene
butterflies are here today - my heart soars with them.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Taradharma said...

oh my...the last photo is especially wonderful!

yes, your posts are enlightening and spacious.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home