Monday, January 16, 2006

Artist Way

Back in the early nineties several friends told me that they were reading “Artist Way” and they were so enthusiastic that I picked up my own copy. From that introduction I began sporadically writing morning pages. I read chapter one but mostly skipped the exercises guess that was my first blurt – I really didn’t think they applied to me. I got out my notebooks and see that I actually completed a number of the exercises but skipped whenever I didn’t like the exercise or wasn’t in the mood to deal with the stuff that might surface from exploring the assignments. Morning pages did make a real difference in my life but like many other things, they got put aside when there were other important pressures.

Somehow a few months back I began morning pages again. When I saw the blog “Blogging the Artist Way,” I thought “that is nice but not for me.” My daughter encouraged me to join when she saw me reading the book “Artist Way” so I am once again struggling through those exercises that generated so many blurts all those years ago. Funny thing… they still generate blurts. Especially the “I am a brilliant and prolific ____.” Somehow that seems to really inspire blurts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome carolyn. i'm glad to have you along with us. :-)

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome too! I look forward to sharing the journey.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home