Tuesday, February 07, 2006

One of Those days

Today has been one of those days…. Something caught up with me and my body went on strike. I knew I had been overextending but had very real plans to escape the consequences.

Why is it that the moment we feel over-tired, stressed or ill our worlds turn upside down and it seems there is some nebulous unidentifiable thing that bites our world to pieces? A promised shipment doesn’t arrive, someone is late for their appointment, repair parts aren’t available for several days, you receive the wrong item, phone line cuts out in the midst of an important conversation ….

At other times we might take these things in stride but today I found myself ready to crawl into a corner and let this “nebulous indefinable thing” take over.

4 Comments:

Blogger harmonyinline said...

You have my sympathy I hate being forced to slow down when I have other plans, how is it that as soon as I think it couldn't get worse sure enough it does?

I love your drawing.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The very best thing to do-- indulge in pure nurturance--- let go, let be. Rest deeply.

so glad you did. hope you are feeling better.

~bluepoppy

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, you gave in and didn't post today. Come on out and play now. I remember some kid song about sliding down my cellar door. Do you remember that? Hope you were feeling peppier today.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Endment said...

To each of you Thank you for your supportive encouragement.

beltane
I don't know that I want more of these reminders.

harmonyinline
I hate having to give up plans when they are really good ones

anonymous
I am indulging - thanks for the permission --- I don't know why but somehow it helps


fran
I do remember about sliding down my cellar door --- haven't seen a cellar door for awhile but would love to go slide down

I am hoping to conquor the world today

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home