Sunday, January 29, 2006

Another Wet and Foggy Day

Night rolled away into a beautiful sunrise; the mauve and wine tones faded into gray and then grayer. It began to rain. Now it is wet, foggy and gray... I guess am still tired from my trip to the city... Think it will take a day of recovery for every hour I was out (my but it was fun!). I have no creativity and the fatigue makes it very difficult to find any. Even the pileated woodpecker that came to the big stump hasn't provided enough incentive to put my brain into gear for the moment.

Telling myself I was searching for something that would light that spark of inspiration, I was wandering around looking at birder’s blogs and found my way over to Home Bird Notes http://www.homebirdnotes.com/ (a nice site for an internet birding stroll by the way), where I discovered another tired person has posted a link to some online jigsaw puzzles.
Check out Jan’s online jigsaw puzzles This evening the site opened up with a puzzle of a gray squirrel. So I feel right at home trying to figure out how to deal with the usual delight and bane of dealing with our friend the gray squirrel. There are lots of puzzle options! Not only do you have your choice from many, many of her own lovely nature photos, but you can pick your style of puzzle pieces and the difficulty level of the puzzle. I just finished putting together a beautiful cardinal puzzle and now I am headed for bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger FiveAcres said...

Beautiful woodpecker

8:09 AM  
Blogger HoBess said...

Your photographs are so beautiful ... and thanks for the link to the puzzles ... my kids have mastered all the ones we have so getting them to do some on the computer will force them to flex some problem-solving muscles. Rest well ... it's the best way to spend a gray day!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Endment said...

hobess and elaine
thanks for visiting and for the encouraging words.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home