Saturday, February 17, 2007

Finding Water

Walking through this desert
baren reaches
of my mind

Before me
on my desk
a sharp fat pencil
an open notebook
its blank pages staring up at me.

My chair is comfortable
the winter sun
floods my room
with sunlight

No words
come through
these empty places
in my mind
Buried deep
waiting for spring rain
to blossom
and flourish

Those unspoken dreams
the unmet expectations
the deepest longings
of my soul

I squirm
and wiggle
waiting for
inspiration

Looking out the window
I search the sky for clouds
for rain clouds

Rain with healing moisture
longed for moisture
rain to heal this thirsty soil

The landscape all around
is baren
where are the drops
of morning dew

Water
streams of water
flowing fresh
with inspiration

Searching
I am searching
Is it there?

Joy
anticipation
the hope
the dream of
Finding Water

CEM 2/17/2007 © all rights reserved

12 Comments:

Blogger z-silverlight said...

a new journey. a new adventure.
neat.
have fun, your have made a great start.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Otter said...

Your poem speaks of your abilities!
Looking forward to this journey.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

oo la la, beautiful!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I considered participating but have too much on my plate to do it justice. You've made a beautiful beginning.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Endment, very, very beautiful. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing your talent.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I considered participating but have too much on my plate to do it justice. You've made a beautiful beginning.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I know that feeling of squirming in my seat waiting for inspiration - and to liken it to waiting for rain, is also very apt. Beautiful writing.

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely poem beautiful photo!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

This was a beautiful piece!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your poem very much--and I like the feeling of new beginnings, so appropriate with spring around the corner.

11:36 PM  
Blogger gma said...

Wonderful

1:37 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Beautiful poem Endment...

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home