Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Artist Way Week Two

Slipping back into morning pages seems finally natural and comfortable like familiar well-worn robe and slippers. I guess doing them for a couple of years, then not doing them and beginning to write once again, has brought a sense of familiarity such as I might experience when visiting with an old friend.

My Artist Date:
This is a rainy, rainy day. Got a cup of Rooibos tea, settled into my comfortable chair and spent several hours listening to Barbara Rosenblat read Pilgrim at Tinker Creek written by one of my favorite authors Annie Dillard.

The last time she visited, my daughter introduced me to Rooibos tea. It is supposed to have all sorts of health benefits but I drink it because I enjoy it. The one she brought me is flavored with pears and vanilla - delightful! Of course I had to go on line and learn more about it: Rooibos, an African word of Dutch origin meaning “Red Bush.” Rooibos is pronounced “Roy Boss,” and not surprisingly, I learned far more than I wanted to know.

One of the things I appreciate most about Annie Dillard is that she opens my eyes to the things that are around me. After reading her books I have a new vision and appreciation for things that I previously rushed past. Her writing has helped me relish slowing down and taking time to let my mind, as well as my eyes, see.

What a refreshing and satisfying way to spend a rainy day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds like a delicious artist's date to me! and i know what you mean about the familiarity of morning pages when you return to them after awhile.

i love your writing style.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home