Saturday, January 21, 2006

Titmouse

Posted by Picasa
He bobs his head
and I,
in hurried concentration,
continue with my task.

He moves ---
and then
nothing is between us
but the window pane.

Sitting on a ledge
beneath his feeder
as though he senses
that I need a friend?

He turns his bright black eye to me
as if he’d asked a question
and is awaiting
a reply.

For a time
nothing else is urgent.
He rests companionably
beside me.
We commune together,
soaking up the sunshine
he and I

Picking up a seed
he cracks the shell.
Bobbing his head again
he raised his crest
he flicks his tail

good by.
And he is gone.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maxly said...

Your blog is beautiful. Thank you for commenting on mine so that I could find you.

The Victoria and Albert Musuem was a goal of mine, also. Now I have replaced it with seeing the Taft.

Again, beautiful, wonderful blog.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I stumbled on your lovely blog through a comment you made at Lene's 'Leaning Birch' blog.

Your pictures are beautiful and I look forward to coming back when I have time to read some of the accompanying writings.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I loved this post! Tufted titmice are one of my favorite birds, but unfortunately I don't have them here where I live.

Thanks for commenting on my blog; I'm looking forward to exploring yours more.

4:51 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

Oh I love this...so beautiful. You have captured how I often feel as I spend time with my birds. Have only seen one titmouse since we moved out to the pacific northwest in 2004. There are gorgeous.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your bird photos are marvelous -- thank you so much.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home