Sunday, February 25, 2007

Miscellany

It is snowing outside and I am thinking of spring. Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.- Victor Hugo
The gray day has left me without much inspiration s0...
A long long time ago, I was tagged for a meme that suggests I tell you six things about myself. I put my answers in my draft box for a time when blogger would let me post... Guess this is the day. I was tagged by my good blogging friend Kathryn of Knit Together and A Mindful Life so I am going to give it a try...
  • I can write legibly backwards - I don't remember how or why I learned this skill but none-the-less I still can write backwards.
  • I own a doll that is five feet tall and another one that is half an inch tall. There are also a lot of dolls that live here with me of various sizes in-between
  • The top of Mount Ranier is in my dresser drawer (now that is a very long story) but the short version is that my husband brought back a rock from the very top of Mt. Ranier and it is in my treasure drawer.
  • I collect fashion plates from the 1800's.
  • I have a miniature (one inch to a foot scale) sheriff's office and jail.
  • I have climbed to the top of Mount Shasta in Northern California.

So --- I have written out my responses but I am not certain you know much more than you did before. I am not going to tag anyone but I would love to have you let me know if you decide to post your answers on your blog :)

13 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

These are really interesting and out of the normal run of responses. I like the quote - I know just what Hugo means. The blossom picture is so beautiful and fuels the longing for spring even more. Like you I've seen enough of grey skies and gloomy days in the last couple of months.

3:01 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

I was most interested to learn you have a 5 foot tall doll. Does the doll sit or stand? Thanks for sharing more about yourself...

9:48 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

What interesting and surprising details, endment. Climbing to the top of Mt. Shasta is quite a feat.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Endment said...

rowan
Hugo is just what I needed today

kara
the doll will do either. she is presently residing in a large box in storage as there is no place for her in the house.

robin andrea
I have hiked quite a bit of the Sierras - my father-in-law climbed Mt. Shasta over 20 times

10:48 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Wow, you climbed Shasta? So cool! I love reading memes because we get to know fun parts of you ;)

5:52 PM  
Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

Apple blossoms! How long will it be? Are you counting the weeks too?

I know someone else who can write backwards. Says he taught himself to do it in high school because he was so bored in class.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Beautiful photo; it's giving me Spring Fever! :)

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering where the top of Mt. Ranier went. LOL! I think that's a really nice thing your hubby did for you Endment!
Don't you *just* love the fashion plates from the 1800's? The Godey Ladies?
Can you share photos of your dolls sometime? I'd love to see them - especially the five foot doll.
Thank you for the wonderful spring photo and for telling us more about yourself.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Endment said...

tammy
yup climbed shasta, hiked desolation wilderness and one of my favorite hikes near you is up to shower lake

laurahinnj
a friend tells me the orchard across from our old home in northern california is in full bloom - sigh

tim rice
i think spring fever is highly contageous -

naturewoman
I do enjoy fashion plates - will be putting a display in our local library next month.
there are photos of a couple of my dolls in my arcives Monday, January 09, 2006 The tall doll is still in her box... She won't get to come out until we finish some work on the house (it hasn't yet begun :)

7:49 PM  
Blogger apprentice said...

Interesting facts, I love the idea of a treasure drawer. BTW I live 10 miles from John Muir's scottish birthplace, and took a poetry workshop in his family home, which is now a museum.

My niece can write backwards too, sahe knew the alphabet backwards before she knew it forwards.

1:05 PM  
Blogger susanlavonne said...

these were facinating :-)
i love the idea of a "treasure drawer"...i have treasured items strewn about and putting them altogether in one place would be quite nice
i think i'll make the list as well...

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hiked Mt Shasta!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband did two summers ago.
That is a grand feat!
Bravo!

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps

Photos of Fashion plates will be coming soon your way.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home