Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Sunshine on a Cloudy Morning

Overcast with some fog and drizzle - brightened by friends
Take almost any path you please, and ten to one it carries you down in a dale, and leaves you there by a pool in the stream. There is magic in it. Let the most absent-minded of men be plunged in his deepest reveries--stand that man on his legs, set his feet a-going, and he will infallibly lead you to water, if water there be in all that region. Should you ever be athirst in the great American desert, try this experiment, if your caravan happen to be supplied with a metaphysical professor. Yes, as every one knows, meditation and water are wedded forever.- ~Herman Melville~

7 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Oh endment!!! It is truly a pleasure to have you writing and posting your supremely beautiful shots once again. Welcome back!
LOVE that frog - it's a winner. But the photos and words are all so perfect - how can I pick one as better?

7:45 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I have tried for a couple of days to comment on these photographs, but I couldn't get it to work. Finally, today, there is a place for a comment. I love the Melville quote, and your photographs remind me of the pond my daughter and her family built in the back of their yard. It is replete with lily pads, goldfish and frogs and I love it.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Cyn Bagley said...

Wow.. I love the blues and reds in that picture. :-)

5:22 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Such a surprise and a pleasure to have you back.

7:02 PM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

I, too, love the quote and the photos. What lovely little creature friends you have.

6:38 PM  
Blogger threecollie said...

I missed you too! What a nice photo of your pond. Is that watercress? I grow it in my pond too and this has been a banner year for it!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Great photo's...love the frog!! Your pictures are amazing!!
Cat

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home